Monday, February 28, 2011

Pastel Plans


My next project is going to be my series of three in pastel. I spent Friday practicing different techniques and decided that I definitely want to use soft pastels rather than the hard ones. I've also decided that I want to do at least one landscape in my series. I can't decide if I want to do all of them landscapes or if I want to practice some architectural drawings for some of them. I saw a really pretty pastel online of a hay bail in a field. It had this amazing blue shadow on the left side of the hay bail. I definitely want to practice shadows with my pastels. I know for my landscape I'm going to use a photograph I took near my house last summer for my photography class. It was taken right before they mowed the field and there's a sundry of beautiful shades of the grass, violet weeds, and also the longer grass that's almost yellow. The main focus of the picture is the beautiful tree but the sky also commands a good portion of the viewer's attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment